What Does That Mean for You?
Integrated Pest Management &
Food Processing Facilities
Integrated Pest Management is a key component of any food safety management system. While the central theme of pest control is reducing and controlling the numbers of pests in a universal sense, in certain settings chemical usage can be significantly reduced or prohibited altogether. This is where BUGCO® Pest Control and Integrated Pest Management come in. The food service industry is subject to routine audits to make sure our food is safe for consumption from the beginning of the process until you pick it up in-store
Standards for a Food Service Audit
- Operational Methods and Personnel Practices
- Maintenance for Food Safety
- Cleaning Practices
- Integrated Pest Management
- Adequacy of Prerequisites and Food Safety Programs
Let’s focus on IPM or Integrated Pest Management. After a careful inspection of the interior and exterior of the structures on-site, we will tailor a plan to prevent pests from being introduced in a food environment setting. BUGCO® proactively focuses on the source, not reactively on symptoms or aftereffects. Furthermore, we place additional emphasis on accurately reporting on findings and the pest trend analysis.
Integrated Pest Management is an industry standard that gives certified companies the ability to implement proven strategies to ensure that pests do not contaminate food products, food processing facilities, Food Grade Plastics Manufacturers, and others. Here are just some of the tools BUGCO® may employ to control the pest populations.
- Exterior Rodent Monitoring Devices
- Interior Rodent Monitoring Devices
- Fly Light Traps
- Pheromone Monitoring Devices
- Bird Control
- Wildlife Control
- Environmental Modifications on the exterior of the structure to eliminate pest habitats
What are we looking for?
- Heavy foliage on the exterior of the building.
- High soil lines.
- Appropriate barriers in place to prevent birds, rodents, insects, and other pests.
- Close-fitting external doors, windows, or other openings.
- That any windows, doors, and skylights that must be kept open for ventilation are properly screened, and equipped with the appropriate deterrents, or wind curtains to prevent pest entry.
BUGCO® Pest Control is the #1 choice for Food Facilities or any facility that manufactures Food Grade materials or products, processes, packs, or holds food for human consumption. Call for your free quote today!